Tupper Lake Wind – 80 MW
Proposal: Up to 50 Turbines, associated cabling, access roads, permanent met masts, and grid interconnection facilities
Location: Ionia County, Michigan
Turbine: Evaluating 1.5MW – 2.5MW units
Status: Active Development
The Project is situated in a rural area North of Lake Odessa, MI, in the "Middle of the Mitten". The landscape is flat agricultural land, consisting primarily of row crops including corn, soy beans, and wheat.
- The wind measurement campaign includes 1 meteorological (met) tower that was installed in the Project area.
- Interconnection Studies are underway with the utility company for the Project’s 80MW capacity.
- Tier I environmental surveys and review have been completed.
- Field environmental studies are substantially complete in the Project area.
- Stakeholder consultation has occurred at the Township, County, State, and Federal level.
- Land acquisition for the Project is substantially complete.
- In October 2011 a Public Open House was hosted in the site area. The event was very well attended and support for the project was emphatic.
- Michigan Department of Transportation Tall Structure Permits have been obtained for 51 proposed turbine positions.
For further Project information, contact Development Manager Huw Roberts - firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-842-1923.